Saturday 22 March 2014

Easy at-home pedicure for hibernating feet

pedicure

This morning I woke up to more snow! Seriously? Just when I thought it was safe to bring my feet out of hibernation for a lovely spring pedicure...more snow.

It's almost like my feet thought they were Wiarton Willy - the famous ground hog who sees his shadow and crawls back into his hole for 6 more weeks of winter.

I'm not going to lie...over the winter months I neglect my feet. It's the part of my regular beauty regimen that hibernates over the winter months. I have no excuse for it except that I simply can't be bothered to beautify me feet when I know the only people who will see them over the winter months is my family.

This morning I gave myself a mini pedicure, to get my feet ready for spring and summer. Here are my tips for and easy at home mini-pedicure to get your feet out of hibernation:

1. Set the mood
Going to a spa to get a pedicure isn't just about your feet, it's also about the relaxing environment. I like to give myself a pedicure in the tub. I sit on the edge with my feet inside and create a relaxing area by lighting a few candles. If it's after 5:00 pm, I usually pour myself a glass of wine too.

2. Soak
Next I fill the tub with enough warm water (Not Hot water) to reach my ankles, and add a dash of soaping product. Soaking can soften calloused areas, but be careful not to make the water too hot, as it can suck the moisture out of your feet. While I soak one, I work on the other, taking off old nail polish using cotton balls and nail polish remover.

.
skincare

3. Exfoliate
To smooth out the roughness, I use Rodan + Fields Enhancements Micro-Dermabrasion Paste. It's an oil-free formula designed to promote maximum gentle exfoliation. It enhances cell turnover and improves skin texture. It's great at smoothing away rough spots




4. Trim, clean nails
I always give my tools a quick wipe with rubbing alcohol before I start. Dry your foot then trim the nails straight across with nail clippers to lessen the chance of painful ingrown toenails. Toenails should be kept short.
.
5. Moisturize
Once you've trimmed and smoothed add a little extra moisture. Try a product with shea butter, coconut milk and vitamin E to help soften and smooth the skin. Give yourself a mini massage, working the lotion between toes, around the ankle and up the calf.


pedicure

6. Polish
Now you're ready for polish. Be bold with toe colour - here's your chance to add some trendy zip to your wardrobe.

Et Voila...now you're ready to bring your feet out of hibernation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment