If you have acne, you're among more than 70 million people in the United States who have suffered from this skin condition at some time in their lives.
It is so common that acne affects about 80 percent of Americans 20 to 30 years old. During the teenage years, acne is more common in boys than in girls, but in adults it's more common in women.
Getting to the Root of Acne
Whether you call it acne, pimples, or zits, in order to treat the condition, it's important to understand the causes:
Clogged pores and bacteria:
- In your teens, the glands in the skin begin secreting sebum, an oily substance. This normally comes out through the pores, but in some people, sebum clogs up in the pores, allowing a bacterium, called P. acnes, to begin to grow.
- In your teen years, hormones start changing and affecting your body, including causing acne. This also happens during pregnancy, which explains why pregnant women or women having their periods often have acne breakouts. Hormones released during stressful times can also cause acne.
- You may be more likely to develop acne if your parents had acne when they were younger.
The Right Acne Treatment
There are many ways to take care of acne, depending on what causes it and how bad it is. Moderate and severe acne can actually be treated with an at-home skincare regimen from Rodan + Fields (makers of Proactiv) called UNBLEMISH.
|Visit my website www.suemiller.myrandf.com/ca to purchase this regimen|
UNBLEMISH is clinically proven to combat the entire acne cycle. It helps to unclog pores, clears breakouts and calms your complexion to keep pimples, blackheads and post-acne marks from making an unwelcome appearance on your face - and in your life.
Since many acne sufferers have the remnant red/brown marks following a healed blemish, this regimen also offers the UNBLEMISH Clarifying Toner.
The UNBLEMISH Regimen features 4 full-size products:
- Acne Treatment Sulfur Wash
- Clarifying Toner
- Dual Intensive Acne Treatment, and
- SOOTHE Mineral Sunscreen
As always for all your skincare needs pop by my Rodan + Fields website. If you have questions about regimens or are interested in the business opportunity send me a message from my site....Would love to connect....Sue