Thursday 27 March 2014

Aging through the eyes of my 10 year old


Skincare should be a regular part of your healthy lifestyle...

My 10 year old son took my picture yesterday using an App on his iPod called “Age My Face”. If I had known that he was going to take my picture and then magically transform my image to look 30 years older….I never would have agreed to it.

antiage


While I walked away with the sounds of my son’s laughter still ringing in my ears, I thought to myself “Is this really what I’m going to look like in 30 years?” No…not me. I’m still 31…36…39. I’m 39 turning 40 this year...the BIG 4-0.

The reality hit me…Yes I could look like that if I didn't continue to take care of my skin!!

I first discovered the Rodan + Fields in 2011 while visiting family in Boston. My cousin had her REDEFINE regimen dutifully displayed in her spare bathroom.

Now, let me start by saying, yes I am one of “those” people. I will open your bathroom drawers and cupboards to see what’s in there…There’s no denying it now, I’ve just announced it to the world.

Anyway, being the intrusive person I am…I tried the displayed Rodan + Fields products. The next morning, my conscience got the best of me and I confessed that I essentially helped myself to her skincare regimen without asking. I waited for a response of “You are sooo rude!” But instead she said “Why do you think I displayed it?”


skincare

I immediately told her I loved it and asked where I could buy Rodan + Fields in Canada. Sadly, I was told it wasn’t available in Canada yet….the key word being YET.

I was hooked on my first try. I know that if I want to ensure I don't look like the Aged Face photo my son took I needed Rodan + Fields to be a part of my daily skin care regimen.

Well after 3 years of waiting, it has finally happened…In August 2014 Rodan + Fields is finally coming to Canada and I can’t wait to share these amazing products with my Canadian family and friends.

I’ve decided to ensure my blog has a purpose. I want to share my humorous thoughts about aging, my life and but most importantly share my knowledge about products that can help your skin still look fabulous 30 years from now.

Join me on my journey…and let’s see if in 30 years I look like the photo my son took.

No comments:

Post a Comment