Thursday 24 April 2014

How to give yourself an at-home facial

antiage

If you're like me you love to go to the spa and get a relaxing facial. Sadly, the reality is, most of us can't afford this on a regular basis, nor do we have the time as busy working moms or dads.

An at-home facial can be equally relaxing and beneficial. I encourage friends, family and clients to take good care of their skin in between facials. If you put in the effort with your daily skincare regimen, your skin will reflect health and beauty.

If you've read my previous postings you know I am a huge advocate for all of the Rodan + Fields skincare products. The REVERSE Regimen is a part of my daily routine!

skincare
Rodan + Fields REVERSE Regimen available in Canada August 2014
In between my daily skincare regimen, every few weeks, I like to give myself a small treat with an at-home facial.

To make my facial relaxing, I like to do my at-home facials at night after a loooong day at work. I always light some candles and turn on some cheesy girlie music. I take this opportunity to turn off my blackberry (great Canadian product btw made in my home town!), close my bedroom door and let all the boys in the house know...it's mommy time - DO NO DISTURB! As a working mom...this is a very rare opportunity to make this time all about me! 

My at-home facial steps slightly mirror those of a spa. 
I start by washing my face to remove makeup and oils with Rodan + Fields REVERSE Deep Exfoliating Wash , then use Rodan + Fields Micro-dermabrasion paste. In fact to make my facial even more relaxing I hop into the shower or a hot bath after applying the paste. The steam from the heat keeps the scrub active.
antiage

Now, I don’t recommend doing extractions yourself and if you use Rodan + Fields products regularly you'll find you won't need to.  However, if you feel you need to extract after using the paste I recommend using two cotton swabs instead of your fingers. When using your fingers you tend to break the skin with fingernails and can risk leaving marks or even worse scars...believe me I know this first hand from my teenage years! 

If you choose to extract the area, then clean the area with a Rodan + Fields toner. Because the REVERSE regimen is my go-to skincare regimen I use Rodan + Fields Skin Lightening Toner...it helps with the sun damage I have from my teenage years!
Lastly I follow with REVERSE Dual Active Brightening Complex creams. These creams feature vitamin C and retinol, to brighte my skin while diminishing the look of fine lines and wrinkles, and helps improve the appearance of uneven skin tone over time.  

skincare

I like to do a gentle massage downward on the sides of the neck in a circular motion as this encourages lymphatic drainage and decreases swelling. 

Give it a try and let me know how it goes...Feel free to offer other suggestions on at-home facials!

Want to learn more about the Rodan + FIelds Canadian launch in August 2014? Send me a message at sueandpaul.rfcanada@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment